Vios Owners Group Singapore (VOGS)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
VOGS Facebook can now be accessed via http://facebook.vogs.net

anyone cn advise me ?

Go down 
+6
winfong
jack86sg
MachoMarlin
vios21
espn
angela&chris
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
angela&chris

angela&chris

anyone cn advise me ?  Empty
PostSubject: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 2:17 pm

hi all vogs owner here ...

Kindly advise what is the standard procedure for making a posting in wts columb .

Posted a few stuff for sale for ncp93 in the wts .
Im selling it brand new as friend got into accident and cant drive anymore.
that is y selling on behalf for her....

is that anything wrong ?

how come my post being locked by one of the mod here...
is this unethetical to sell brand new stuffs ... ?

Kindly advise ...
Back to top Go down
espn
espn

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 2:32 pm

[Moderator's Note]

Let me check and get back to you on this.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
espn
espn

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 2:44 pm

[Moderator's Note]

We have merged both threads in B/S. For the time being until we get this sorted out, please do not create any more duplicate threads.

As for your question on selling new stuff.

- As long as the item quantity is not overly large
- As long as item was in ownership but unused
- Not representing any vendor/shop

Yes, we do permit such sales. In the past we have allowed many members to post up for such sales.

We will verify and update you on the final outcome.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
angela&chris

angela&chris

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 2:48 pm

Ya ... Thanks for ur quick response ...
Pple do ask me and yes I did say only one each ...
Kindly rectify the main issued .. And revert soon ... Thank u
Back to top Go down
vios21
Prestige Member
Prestige Member

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 2:48 pm

Moderator sibei efficient.......you go other forums response time for reply is cmi...
Back to top Go down
espn
espn

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 2:51 pm

angela&chris wrote:
Ya ... Thanks for ur quick response ...
Pple do ask me and yes I did say only one each ...
Kindly rectify the main issued .. And revert soon ... Thank u

[Moderator's Note]

Yep, looking into it.

Thanks.

[Moderator's Note OFF]

vios21 wrote:
Moderator sibei efficient.......you go other forums response time for reply is cmi...

Arlo! Flattery doesn't exempt your BB kid from Enzo's bite Twisted Evil When bite?
Back to top Go down
espn
espn

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 3:19 pm

[Moderator's Note]

Hi angela&chris,

Explanation:
We've discussed internally and found that the action taken was based on the reason of violation of Buy/Sell rule:

3. Forum members are required to combine their sales of different items under 1 thread and not open a new thread for every item. This would be neater and saves on bandwidth. That said, we have set a limit of 1 threads per person. The earliest thread would be deleted if there are more than 1.

You were acting on behalf of jack86sg for the above sales, which he already has another one thread active in Buy/Sell:

http://forum.vogs.net/t23034-wts-f1-real-cf-side-mirror-universal

As your number used in the current thread for

http://forum.vogs.net/t23072-wts-some-stuff-for-ncp-93

coincides with Jack86sg, we're determining it as violation of the above rule, thus the moderator locked the thread.

Resolution:
There's two ways to proceed from here,

1) I will merge both threads into 1 and edit the title for you. You will do the editing of the content to buy/sell.

2) I will delete both threads and you can start a new one to begin afresh.

Do let me know which is the preferred outcome.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
MachoMarlin
Prestige Member
Prestige Member
MachoMarlin

Location : I Think I am...... erh..maybe... ..actually, I dunno!

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 4:14 pm

Awesome! First Class Mod/ Administrator!anyone cn advise me ?  970129

...other forum kenna whacked already for something much more minor... VOGS spirit LIVES!!!!
Back to top Go down
angela&chris

angela&chris

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 4:24 pm

Hi espn ,

Thank u once again for ur prompt response.
U r indeed a first class mod .

Understand you have discuss with ur team mates on the say issued.

Firstly : fyi jack86 posting was for my dc5 which was the universal mirror and reason as i was seldom in the forum that is y he is posting on my behalf .
Secondly : if that was the case of multiple posting which show my number , moderator saw my posting , he still can reply to my topic asking me questions , i think this is nt very ethinical to do that after asking question he locked my thread . . Is his the way vogs forum should work ?
Thirdly : as a moderator of the forum , i think is reasonably right to have the basic courtesy to at least pm me on what and where went wrong instead of asked question and happily delete or lock my thread . Initally u should lock my thread alr but y wait till after asking those question ?

And pls i believe im not the first one who did this complain. .

Appreciate on ur quick action and advise accordingly

Thank u
Back to top Go down
jack86sg

jack86sg

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 5:54 pm

espn wrote:
[Moderator's Note]

Hi angela&chris,

Explanation:
We've discussed internally and found that the action taken was based on the reason of violation of Buy/Sell rule:

3. Forum members are required to combine their sales of different items under 1 thread and not open a new thread for every item. This would be neater and saves on bandwidth. That said, we have set a limit of 1 threads per person. The earliest thread would be deleted if there are more than 1.

You were acting on behalf of jack86sg for the above sales, which he already has another one thread active in Buy/Sell:

http://forum.vogs.net/t23034-wts-f1-real-cf-side-mirror-universal

As your number used in the current thread for

http://forum.vogs.net/t23072-wts-some-stuff-for-ncp-93

coincides with Jack86sg, we're determining it as violation of the above rule, thus the moderator locked the thread.

There's two ways to proceed from here,

1) I will merge both threads into 1 and edit the title for you. You will do the editing of the content to buy/sell.

2) I will delete both threads and you can start a new one to begin afresh.

Do let me know which is the preferred outcome.

Thank you.

Hi ESPN,

understood on the rules and regulation. I will say its good job from Moderators to monitor our forum closely to avoid flooding and multi posting on this forum. Will ammend my post again.

However, I'm not sure if different Moderator are granted different access or all are having same access privileage to perform duty as a moderator in this forum. Would it be nice or courtesy for a moderator monitoring to at lease let us know what is wrong upon thread locked. As per the posting, there is a moderator checking n requesting the pricing (maybe as a buyer or performing his duty as a moderator) yet he did not let us know we had violated the rules for multi-posting and followed by locked thread.
We are just doing some clarification here, maybe to the moderator whom had locked out thread.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
espn
espn

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 11:39 pm

angela&chris wrote:
Hi espn ,

Thank u once again for ur prompt response.
U r indeed a first class mod .

Understand you have discuss with ur team mates on the say issued.

Firstly : fyi jack86 posting was for my dc5 which was the universal mirror and reason as i was seldom in the forum that is y he is posting on my behalf .
Secondly : if that was the case of multiple posting which show my number , moderator saw my posting , he still can reply to my topic asking me questions , i think this is nt very ethinical to do that after asking question he locked my thread . . Is his the way vogs forum should work ?
Thirdly : as a moderator of the forum , i think is reasonably right to have the basic courtesy to at least pm me on what and where went wrong instead of asked question and happily delete or lock my thread . Initally u should lock my thread alr but y wait till after asking those question ?

And pls i believe im not the first one who did this complain. .

Appreciate on ur quick action and advise accordingly

Thank u

[Moderator's Note]

Thank you for the generous comments on my moderation, but that is really a compliment I do not expect as I'm doing my job, still thank you.

Firstly, we do not encourage members to post on behalf of other members, this is for transparency and reduce misunderstandings.

Secondly, we need to do something to sieve out the jokers/vendors-wannabes from the genuine buy/sell. It's a thin grey line as I've always felt it would be, however, the belief of 'kill wrong better than kill none' still stands. We'll take the best steps we can to protect all members.

Thirdly, moderators on the contrary as many believes, are NOT PAID tasks/jobs. For each individual case, yes, it's an individual case, but for the mods, it's the same thing over and over. We do get tired after long and tiring tries. Even myself, I delete threads these days without warning once the violation occurs. I leave it to the member to take it up to the moderator team. And many a times, the guilty ones choose to keep quiet because they know they are in the wrong.

We've taken steps to reply and ensure that your queries are answered because you took a stand and we believe that things can be amicably resolved.

Though this time yes, the rules were violated in a grey line but this will help the admin/mod team to set proper rules for future occurrences.

The team including myself is trying very hard to maintain forum cleanliness and friendliness, whilst we cannot ensure 100% satisfaction, we do not just ignore the remaining members. We just try to raise the level of understanding.

Basic courtesy I think the team is already exhibiting it in many ways. Though often they say we shouldn't compare orange to apple, but looking at how some other forums behave, I'd say the team is at the mellowest already. It's not a boast stance, but rather to let you know we're still caring for members nonetheless, not just through words but through actions as well.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

On a lighter note, the late reply is because the whole moderator team has been busy slaying Diablo since 6pm. Laughing (namely wrecker, jungleorb, enzo, myself).

Last edited by espn on Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
espn
espn

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012, 11:50 pm

jack86sg wrote:

Hi ESPN,

understood on the rules and regulation. I will say its good job from Moderators to monitor our forum closely to avoid flooding and multi posting on this forum. Will ammend my post again.

However, I'm not sure if different Moderator are granted different access or all are having same access privileage to perform duty as a moderator in this forum. Would it be nice or courtesy for a moderator monitoring to at lease let us know what is wrong upon thread locked. As per the posting, there is a moderator checking n requesting the pricing (maybe as a buyer or performing his duty as a moderator) yet he did not let us know we had violated the rules for multi-posting and followed by locked thread.
We are just doing some clarification here, maybe to the moderator whom had locked out thread.

Thanks.

[Moderator's Note]

Moderators have global access to moderate ANY part of the forum. However, we do spread out specific areas to specific mods based on their technical/sales understanding.

That said, however, does not prohibit moderators from stepping in ANY where to make a decision nor stop nonsensical arguments. We, can lock any threads, move any threads and merge any threads at our discretion.

As explained to angela&chris, we moderators face the same thing over and over again, patience wears thin and it's tiring to keep explaining the same thing over and over. This time the line was grey thus the member(s) involved has issues understanding the context and reason to why such an action was taken.

We're glad to have the members part of the family and use the forum freely to their benefits or others, but we are also members ourselves tasked with additional responsibilities that we voluntarily take up. I will stand on the team's side to say that it's not that we're rude, but rather, we would save the additional time spent on typing lengthy explanations to do something more worthwhile.

Previously, when I merged threads I do post a notice in the thread telling the member WHY it happened. There were members who demanded that I should edit their posts, then purge the posts, then drop them a PM to inform them. Much as we love to hear "omg! this mod is so good!" but no, not at the expense of the humiliation of the team.

It's the case of one great leader once said, "If I'd had to kill 100,000 students, I'd redo it all over again". We'd rather be thought uncool, unglam, for doing the right things minus the additional, than 'omg! enzo is soooo cool!".

We're humans, we've our patience and our limits too.

Nonetheless, your feedback is welcomed and we take it with stride because members respect the team and so we respect the members.

Thank you, and hope this answers your queries.
Back to top Go down
winfong

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 12:46 am

Quote :
Thirdly, moderators on the contrary as many believes, are NOT PAID tasks/jobs. For each individual case, yes, it's an individual case, but for the mods, it's the same thing over and over. We do get tired after long and tiring tries. Even myself, I delete threads these days without warning once the violation occurs. I leave it to the member to take it up to the moderator team. And many a times, the guilty ones choose to keep quiet because they know they are in the wrong.

Haiz... Money again....

So, let me understand what you are writing...... being a mod is now like some Curse that you are given, an extra weight that you have to bear, like doing National Service.... cause the mod team don't get paid??.....

Thus, would you like to pass the baton of being a Moderator to others who has more energy and drive to perform better? Maybe step down and take a rest? ^^..... get some NEW BLOOD in.....

Maybe EXPANDING the Mod Team since you sound OVERWORKED and EXHAUSTED...

Combining the Threads is Easy for Mods to monitor which Threads, but it is hell for the Sellers to present their items to customers - Esp if they have pictures of item.... the Loading Time for the Page is CRAZY ok.....

2 years and WAITING .....
Back to top Go down
espn
espn

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 9:19 am

winfong wrote:

Haiz... Money again....

So, let me understand what you are writing...... being a mod is now like some Curse that you are given, an extra weight that you have to bear, like doing National Service.... cause the mod team don't get paid??.....

Thus, would you like to pass the baton of being a Moderator to others who has more energy and drive to perform better? Maybe step down and take a rest? ^^..... get some NEW BLOOD in.....

Maybe EXPANDING the Mod Team since you sound OVERWORKED and EXHAUSTED...

Combining the Threads is Easy for Mods to monitor which Threads, but it is hell for the Sellers to present their items to customers - Esp if they have pictures of item.... the Loading Time for the Page is CRAZY ok.....

2 years and WAITING .....

[Moderator's Note]

Moderators are not just about drive and energy and performance. There are many factors to being a moderator. We are not overworked and exhausted but doesn't mean that we should spend all our time infront of the computer pacifying little kids who makes mistakes, get spanked, cries and thereafter thinks that they themselves are super qualified to be a moderator.

If it is hell for sellers to present their items to prospective customers, perhaps they should relook at their own workflow instead of blaming the moderators.

Eg: Typing and formatting the layout in NOTEPAD or WORDPAD, or in the forum reply box, then copy and paste and save it up. If anything happens reuse the same contents in the file.

Same for images, why does it take that long? Perhaps your filesize is too big? Resolutions of 600 x 400 for a sample image is nice and nifty on loading. There are many workarounds to the same problem, is just whether one realises what causes the problem.

It is not our responsibility to pat some seller on the back and go "awww... sorry, you had two threads, I need to merge them" and spend half an hour to one to prune the sequence and merge the contents.

What if we merge the contents wrongly? Who will take responsibility?

"$150 for ALL" appears in one post. Another says "$1000 for this coilover". After merging which should consumers note? Which would cause more distress? The mods have to consult the sellers and verify? So now it's the moderator's job? THINK.

In the first place, why did it happen? Ask the 3 main questions - WHY, WHY and WHY?

It's very easy to criticize on the moderators and also when things don't go right, especially when you're not on the ground, but just a member. Things always seem rosy when you're not there.

If anybody's suitable to be a moderator, and that person hasn't called to be one, think about why not?

Talking about pay is not to say that no $ we don't do our jobs, it's just that we don't have to do to the extreme(s). Moderators don't belong to service sector, you have yet to see how some other forums draws on salaries and also bend the rules so much that those who pay to use, rules. Those that don't, negative feedback, arguments/complaints, are all automatically erased - magically.

This is not what we envision VOGS to be, thus we do not charge for usage, nor charge vendors to post their wares. Once money factor comes in, this forum will be tonnes lots worse.

Unlike some superb first world class government, draws top bucks but leaves it's citizens in ruins and fend for themselves. I'm pretty sure you see moderators in this forum stepping in to ease out unhappiness, fights and also troublemakers.

Like I mentioned earlier, we cannot make everybody happy, we just do our best to raise the level of satisfaction. For those who really feel unfair, not treated well - as what I told a vendor who violated the rules - you can leave the forum.

If this place antagonizes you that much, then it's probably not for you.

p/s: If anybody needs to ask to be a moderator, then probably that person doesn't need to be one.
Back to top Go down
jack86sg

jack86sg

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 9:42 am

espn wrote:

[Moderator's Note]

Moderators have global access to moderate ANY part of the forum. However, we do spread out specific areas to specific mods based on their technical/sales understanding.

That said, however, does not prohibit moderators from stepping in ANY where to make a decision nor stop nonsensical arguments. We, can lock any threads, move any threads and merge any threads at our discretion.

As explained to angela&chris, we moderators face the same thing over and over again, patience wears thin and it's tiring to keep explaining the same thing over and over. This time the line was grey thus the member(s) involved has issues understanding the context and reason to why such an action was taken.

We're glad to have the members part of the family and use the forum freely to their benefits or others, but we are also members ourselves tasked with additional responsibilities that we voluntarily take up. I will stand on the team's side to say that it's not that we're rude, but rather, we would save the additional time spent on typing lengthy explanations to do something more worthwhile.

Previously, when I merged threads I do post a notice in the thread telling the member WHY it happened. There were members who demanded that I should edit their posts, then purge the posts, then drop them a PM to inform them. Much as we love to hear "omg! this mod is so good!" but no, not at the expense of the humiliation of the team.

It's the case of one great leader once said, "If I'd had to kill 100,000 students, I'd redo it all over again". We'd rather be thought uncool, unglam, for doing the right things minus the additional, than 'omg! enzo is soooo cool!".

We're humans, we've our patience and our limits too.

Nonetheless, your feedback is welcomed and we take it with stride because members respect the team and so we respect the members.

Thank you, and hope this answers your queries.

Thanks for your effort to response, you r indeed supportive towards VOGS members as well as your moderator team. Perhaps you got us wrong, we are not demanding moderator to go the extra mile in advising the members individually which I totally agreed with you for time consuming and re-occuring of similar cases. However, IF we have been notified in the locked thread or PM it will be very kind for the mod since the mod had read and identify our thread to be violating the rules. Comparing the time n effort spent in reviewing different thread and merging 2-3 multi-post into one and locking the thread, an addition step in keying few words "multiple post, thread locked" will be extremely helpful.

I do understanding that everyone are different, you have your own style of managing here and i believe clear directions had been given to all your team as well. If I'd had to kill 100,000 students, I'd redo it all over again i just find it too autocratic. Not being rude, but perhaps we have different perception as we are in different position in viewing this incident. Moderator are not paid but did moderator benefited?? or just only additional duty & role?
Back to top Go down
espn
espn

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 10:01 am

jack86sg wrote:

Thanks for your effort to response, you r indeed supportive towards VOGS members as well as your moderator team. Perhaps you got us wrong, we are not demanding moderator to go the extra mile in advising the members individually which I totally agreed with you for time consuming and re-occuring of similar cases. However, IF we have been notified in the locked thread or PM it will be very kind for the mod since the mod had read and identify our thread to be violating the rules. Comparing the time n effort spent in reviewing different thread and merging 2-3 multi-post into one and locking the thread, an addition step in keying few words "multiple post, thread locked" will be extremely helpful.

I do understanding that everyone are different, you have your own style of managing here and i believe clear directions had been given to all your team as well. If I'd had to kill 100,000 students, I'd redo it all over again i just find it too autocratic. Not being rude, but perhaps we have different perception as we are in different position in viewing this incident. Moderator are not paid but did moderator benefited?? or just only additional duty & role?

[Moderator's Note]

Actually, it's much much easier to shift threads, the controls are there for the moderators.

The time spent on shifting threads is much significantly lesser than than merging, and posting a reply into the threads to explain why.

In short, the rules are actually specified clear enough, but nobody bothers to read and remember. So why should the mods clean up with replies and actions, especially we do face many repeated cases. There are still users who despite reminders, warnings, temporary bans still do the same thing.

In your case, it's a thin grey line that wasn't catered for in the rules, we're looking into refining that so that if users find their threads missing or locked, at least they can consult the FAQs first.

As for the comments on the 100,000 students thingy, I was purely being sarcastic about the remark but still, using that as a hard example to how things will run around VOGS (not that hard...).

============

Just some JD & benefits for Moderators/Admins:

Moderators:
JD:
Actively ensure no troublemakers in forum
Prunes threads
Lock threads
Prevents misuse/arguments/fights
Ensures rules are kept
Participate in events
Organise events
Help out in events
Sell decals/t-shirt to raise funds for VOGS domain hosting
Get decals/t-shirt designed/printed.
Discuss and improve forum usability
+ Any other matters that the Admins deem fit.

Benefits:
Access Registered User Forum
Auto-enrolment into activities held by Forum
Integrity to keep the money raised from selling decals/t-shirts and pass to Admin team.

Admins:
JD:
Actively ensure no troublemakers in forum
Prunes threads
Lock threads
Prevents misuse/arguments/fights
Ensures rules are kept
Participate in events
Organise events
Help out in events
Sell decals/t-shirt to raise funds for VOGS domain hosting
Get decals/t-shirt designed/printed.
Discuss and improve forum usability
Liaise with external parties on promoting VOGS
Liaise with external vendors on product promotions
Liaise with external magazines on VOGS upcoming events, etc.
Hosting of VOGS site
How to best ensure speed for forums is acceptable
How to promote VOGS spirit

Benefits:
Access Registered User Forum
Auto-enrolment into activities held by Forum
Contact point for all logistics
Decision makers for escalated issues
Stress on maintaining VOGS funds and where the next hosting funds will come from
Integrity on ensuring funds are not misappropriated
Look out for possible moderator candidates

============

We cannot help it if people think the moderators/admins gets paid off or that we pocket the monies for our own. This is based on integrity and trust from all members and within the team themselves.

If we did, you'll be surprised how negative feedback or unwelcome comments on threads will suddenly disappear into thin air.. Laughing

The forum is sustained by these funds and we've no intention to pocket the money. Even for events like the current Bosch event, everything's sponsored by Bosch after many hours of meetings and arrangement with Bosch at our own free time. Enzo has to travel from Extreme West, to Bishan, to meet and discuss after work.

Did anybody thank him for that?

Hope this answers your queries on the moderator benefits. Smile

Appreciate your feedback and query on this matter. It's good to come clean and explain.
Back to top Go down
Enzo
Prestige Member
Prestige Member
Enzo

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 11:06 am

To clear of any doubts here and to ans Jack's query

No, Moderators and Admins are not paid jobs. These tasks are all performed voluntarily.

Funds are used to pay for hosting and domain name. In the event of insufficient funds, the money comes from our own pocket.

Moderators do not enjoy any forms of benefit. They are treated the same as every other members including paying for their decals and Polo T.

Winfong:

Rules and guideline set are clear and transparent. These threads are sticky to enable easy access for members to go through. Should there be any doubts on the guidelines, I would encourage members to post in Feedback forum or drop a PM to the Mods. This would enable us to further refine the guide and regulation for various activities such as Buy/Sell, Vendors Ad.

As the Moderators need to go thru various threads and folders daily, we are unable to perform merging of threads for the Seller as it would take up much time as a whole. Users of Buy/Sell are given the account rights to edit their own posting should any form of thread merging needs to be performed.

The reason to restrict the number of threads is to allow clearer and simpler process in Moderating these threads in the event of any complains from a Buyer pertaining to a specific Seller. There were previous issues on Sellers and Vendors which resulted in this implementation.

VOGS is a members > Sellers/Vendors environment. Members comes b4 Sellers/Vendors. We are not making it hard for the Sellers. We do not lock threads without valid reasons. While I understand some of you might had missed out the guidelines/regulations, Sellers/Vendors are encouraged to PM the Moderators should they have any issues with thread posting.

Thread combining is easy. But in case you missed out, Moderators and Members is a 1 to many relationship. Unless you are saying we should have a 1 to 1 ratio for Moderators and Members. On top of that, sales are sensitive postings. To prevent any misrepresentation in the posting by the Moderators on behalf of the Seller, we encourage the members to performed the merging themselves. I understand that Sellers are unable to access the edit button should the thread be locked. In this case, you may PM any of the Moderators to assist you based on individual scenarios.

Hope this answers all queries.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.teamask.co.cc
adamis
Prestige Member
Prestige Member
adamis

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 11:29 am

espn wrote:
[Moderator's Note]

Let me check and get back to you on this.

Thanks.

Can I OT a bit?

How come Moderator's Car is Green?

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://proms.freeforums.org
espn
espn

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 11:45 am

adamis wrote:

Can I OT a bit?

How come Moderator's Car is Green?

Embarassed

Undercover. sly
Back to top Go down
angela&chris

angela&chris

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 12:21 pm

Hi all ,

Thank u for ur answer to clear our doubts, sincerely appriciate it.

But still u guys are being contridicting :"moderators do not enjoy any forms of benefit.they are treated the same as every members " here u are saying this but there u guys are doing diff thing
U claim that my post was being deleted due to multi posting of my contact number . If yes pls reflect urself as moderator on deleting my post of ur valid reason . Pls refer to wts . There is someone with same topic selling same items within pages 1 to 4 . . Pls ! As per my understanding everyone is treated fairly isnt it ? Trying to convince myself , that im at fault but pls look at the wts before u act .

Pardon me for being sacastics , in ur internal discussion , y my post was. Being deleted ? Due to violating the rule of posting or due to personal advantage.

Should you think that i here to create any nonsense without any apocative proof , pls feel free to banned me from this forum . And i can only say im uttering disappointed with vogs

Awaiting for ur prompt response.
Ur immediate action is sought

Thank u for ur time reading this
Back to top Go down
espn
espn

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm

angela&chris wrote:
Hi all ,

Thank u for ur answer to clear our doubts, sincerely appriciate it.

But still u guys are being contridicting :"moderators do not enjoy any forms of benefit.they are treated the same as every members " here u are saying this but there u guys are doing diff thing
U claim that my post was being deleted due to multi posting of my contact number . If yes pls reflect urself as moderator on deleting my post of ur valid reason . Pls refer to wts . There is someone with same topic selling same items within pages 1 to 4 . . Pls ! As per my understanding everyone is treated fairly isnt it ? Trying to convince myself , that im at fault but pls look at the wts before u act .

Pardon me for being sacastics , in ur internal discussion , y my post was. Being deleted ? Due to violating the rule of posting or due to personal advantage.

Should you think that i here to create any nonsense without any apocative proof , pls feel free to banned me from this forum . And i can only say im uttering disappointed with vogs

Awaiting for ur prompt response.
Ur immediate action is sought

Thank u for ur time reading this

[Moderator's Note]

This is where members need to inform us accordingly. There's a report post button on every post made to the forum. You can use that to send a notification to us, where we will take note and react accordingly.

We moderators are still normal members, we depend on feedback and member's participation to help us help them. If you see something wrong, highlight to the moderators and we'll take action accordingly.

There are very active members who help to notify the team that there are resellers or vendors posting in the Buy/Sell, we've received many such PMs/Notifications.

Personally I do cross check via 2 browsers, page by page to sieve out duplicates, but sometimes I still miss out. There's no cross check function available in the software sadly. This is where member's assistance come in to help and also make forum better.

Your post was not deleted just because of contact number, but because of discrepancies in selling on behalf of others, thus simulation of multiple threads.

If you feel that you deserved to be banned, you will be. There's no need to request for such.

If you feel disappointed, I can only say there's nothing we can do to raise your confidence level at this juncture if you think moderators/admins are perfect and can catch every thing that goes on in the forum.

Admins, Moderators, Members play a part together. Just like Government, Police, Citizens.

Put it in another way, Citizen A was caught shoplifting, not happy, complain how come he saw Citizen B shoplifting but Police never catch. But Citizen A forgot his basic duty as a Citizen is also to inform the Police about the wrong-doings of Citizen B and not criticize that the Police/Government is not doing their job. If the police who didn't catch Citizen B is to be criticized, then the Police who caught Citizen A should be commented for doing his job.

Hope this clarifies your frustrations.
Back to top Go down
angela&chris

angela&chris

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 3:50 pm

Hi ESPN,

In anyway thanks for ur reply .
Who is fair who is nt ... Members can see well ...

Its just that government will nv admit they r on faults ...

Back to top Go down
espn
espn

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 4:54 pm

angela&chris wrote:
Hi ESPN,

In anyway thanks for ur reply .
Who is fair who is nt ... Members can see well ...

Its just that government will nv admit they r on faults ...

[Moderator's Note]

We've already made the stance clear, if you have a cake to take with the team, do voice it out, you're not making it easy for us to see who's fair or who's unfair or who's the government at fault.

We cannot take rectification if members only say "you know I know" and expects the world to revolve around them and read their minds.

Making such comments as yours is really uncalled for when you don't want to produce the issue and put names down, how then can we take rectification and make things fair?

If you see others that have no action taken against them, voice it out and we'll do so, I'm offering you the opportunity for you to do so now and I'll lock and delete the threads immediately but you're not helping us here.

If you have no intention to assist us in cleaning up and making it 'fair', please do be fair and not make comments like "government will never admit its own fault". The "government" context was driven from two posts back and derivations and now, "government" = "VOGS Admins". This kind of accusations, we will not take it lightly.
Back to top Go down
winfong

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 10:25 pm

Quote :
Rules and guideline set are clear and transparent. These threads are sticky to enable easy access for members to go through. Should there be any doubts on the guidelines, I would encourage members to post in Feedback forum or drop a PM to the Mods. This would enable us to further refine the guide and regulation for various activities such as Buy/Sell, Vendors Ad.

Rules are laid down by your team, if they are Self Serving rather than helping forum members, I believe they should be changed.

If the rules are creating problems for members - you should streamline it.

Are the Vogs members are growing smaller and smaller as the day progresses
Are there more threads to discuss or just a few spurts and sputter in the different sections

This whole thread reeks of black sheeps in the moderator team, who is both LAZY and inflexible.

People care enough to bring problems out and risk being banned, else you just see members suddenly disappear. Cause they had enough of the so called "clear and Transparent" rules and the iron hand enforcement on the forum.

AND

This is a FORUM for God's sake, and not a COUNTRY, you have the immigration procedures or air-fare that stop people from leaving.....they just go hardware zone, Sgforum, flowerpot...etc.etc.....

Your team are giving excuses that maintaining the forum is HARD WORK and Difficult, and no rewards involved, no one pat you on the back, they sound Burnt out......What is the MANAGEMENT doing about this?

I get very Provoked when I see replies like
"Do you think I am paid to do so much"
or
"I can only say there's nothing we can do to raise your confidence level at this juncture if you think moderators/admins are perfect and can catch every thing that goes on in the forum."....

a simple "I thank you for your feedback, do you have any ideas and suggestion which we can work together in improving the buy and sell section to serve the members better".....

HUMBLE A BIT can or not ???
Back to top Go down
espn
espn

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 11:40 pm

winfong wrote:

Rules are laid down by your team, if they are Self Serving rather than helping forum members, I believe they should be changed.

If the rules are creating problems for members - you should streamline it.

Are the Vogs members are growing smaller and smaller as the day progresses
Are there more threads to discuss or just a few spurts and sputter in the different sections

This whole thread reeks of black sheeps in the moderator team, who is both LAZY and inflexible.

People care enough to bring problems out and risk being banned, else you just see members suddenly disappear. Cause they had enough of the so called "clear and Transparent" rules and the iron hand enforcement on the forum.

AND

This is a FORUM for God's sake, and not a COUNTRY, you have the immigration procedures or air-fare that stop people from leaving.....they just go hardware zone, Sgforum, flowerpot...etc.etc.....

Your team are giving excuses that maintaining the forum is HARD WORK and Difficult, and no rewards involved, no one pat you on the back, they sound Burnt out......What is the MANAGEMENT doing about this?

I get very Provoked when I see replies like
"Do you think I am paid to do so much"
or
"I can only say there's nothing we can do to raise your confidence level at this juncture if you think moderators/admins are perfect and can catch every thing that goes on in the forum."....

a simple "I thank you for your feedback, do you have any ideas and suggestion which we can work together in improving the buy and sell section to serve the members better".....

HUMBLE A BIT can or not ???

[Moderator's Note]

Rules are laid down by the team for the best of members. Meaning Members > Vendors/Buyer/Sellers, which in this case, the ones feeling the brunt are the ones that frequently participate in buy/sell. If one feels the rules are unfair, it's correct, it's meant to protect the members. Any member that becomes a seller/buy/vendor automatically will feel this strain we've placed on the rules for them.

If one thing we're doing right, yes we've streamlined it enough to diss off the buyers/sellers/vendors who cannot follow rules.

From your replies, and your thinking, seriously, you think you qualify to be a moderator and can make the dead alive again? The reason why we've never considered you as a moderator is exactly because of your 'self-importance' and things that you do and say that makes you think the forum owes you a living. How much often do you put yourself into a moderator's shoes and think from where they come from?

You know of nothing but complain and challenge the authority just because you think you are right. If you are right, so are many others as well, the balance is make the most of out it where we can and justify accordingly to the members who don't agree.

However, if like yourself, you cannot see eye to eye even after explanation and choose to harp on particular topics and also name callings on the moderators / admins, then no point you stay around to make your life more miserable. Just for your name calling and labelling namely Enzo and myself as 'black sheeps' I have permanently placed a ban on you.

We will not tolerate such a behaviour and accusations without proof, but just based on your conjuncture. To be a moderator, if one cannot even hold his cool, he probably won't be a good moderator to begin with. And you - having to ask to be one, definitely isn't.

Humility, we have a lot, but understanding from members, we don't.

Thank you for your past participation in the forums and hope you find happiness elsewhere. Sorry that VOGS is not able to bring you smiles and the peace you have wished for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone cn advise me ?    anyone cn advise me ?  Empty

Back to top Go down

anyone cn advise me ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next